“Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart.” Proverbs 22:6
P226 Innovative Homeschoolers is a 501(c)3 nonprofit Christian home education organization.
Train. Build. Go.
In 2017 P226 Homeschool Support Group started in Memphis, TN to serve the homeschool community through field trips and social gatherings. What started with two families has grown to over 275 families in the Memphis (Mid-South) area.
Homeschool is a journey that can be rewarding and fun. It will be very hard, but through God’s guidance in your life it can be done.
P226 is a Christian-based, family-based homeschool organization. If you are local, living in the Memphis and any surrounding area we offer field trips, monthly resource meetings, and social parent gatherings. In addition, we take the time to pray for every parent and child to the Lord.
Parent empowerment Meetings
Our monthly parent empowerment meetings are free monthly meetings for 2022 – 2023 families. This is a great way to gain valuable information for your homeschool year and connect with other P226 parents.
August – Get Homeschool Organized
- Parents will learn how to get homeschool organized from a local Christian homeschool mom and gifted organizer.
September – Practically Healthy
- Parents and students will learn from a local Christian nurse practitioner, and homeschool mom, practical ways of staying healthy, learn how germs enter our bodies, preventives and healthy treatments options.
October – High School Credits – The 4 year Plan
P226 parents will enjoy an interactive time of learning of how to plan high school credits for their homeschool journey. Taught by a long-time local Christian home educator, who has a college graduate working in the medical field and college senior studying music. Even if you already have high school students this meeting is for you too!
November – From Homeschool Surprise to PhD!
Learn from a local Christian home educator who suddenly found herself homeschooling her two daughters after pulling them out of traditional school – while working a full-time job. Learn some of their ups and downs and some of what worked for them. Today one child has a PhD and the other a BA in Communications.
- July 4th Paint Project
- Kite Family Fun
- Watermelon Cupcake Lesson
- Pick Your Own Peaches
- Art Inspiration
- July Park Day – Water Play and Popsicles
- July Park Day w/ Snow Cones
- Helicopter Education
- Riverboat History Cruise
- Back to School Pool Party
- American History Railroad Journey
- Family Kickball Picnic
- Thomas Jefferson and the History of Monticello Estates
- 80’s Themed Dessert Meet and Greet
- Park Days
- Memphis Family Fun Day
- Dad and children nature morning walk
- Meet Tim Simpson from WREG
- Little Rock Central High School Museum Tour
- The Science of Trees – Hands on and interactive lesson
- Airplane Adventure
- Science Labs – Animal Dissecting (1st – 12 grade)
- Gardening Fun
- Tennessee Safari Park
- Space Center Field Trip (We already have several families signed up!)
- Grandparents Day
- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
- The World of Birds
- Creative Production
- Morse Code Presentation
- Pumpkin Cakepop Lesson
- Harvest Family Party
- Women of Elmwood
- Backermann’s Bakery Tour
To join P226 for the 2022-2023 school year visit our Join P226 page.